POSITION OVERVIEW: :
The Business Development Representative will be client centric and results driven. Primary responsibilities include; supporting our strategic and financial plan goals by promoting and selling our cloud-based, Transaction Processing Services (TPS) Platform for payment processing and document imaging to both new and existing customers.
- Prospect, develop, and generate a pipeline of new sales opportunities through cold calling, direct mail, email, events/tradeshows, social media, in-person, etc.
- Follow up on leads passed on from marketing campaigns and client referrals.
- Learn our markets, competition, and buyer audiences to achieve success in selling.
- Understand our solutions and overall service offerings to effectively represent our value, strengths, and capabilities to new clients.
- Maintain and generate monthly/quarterly new sales forecasts.
- Ensure all pipeline activity is accurately recorded in CRM tool for reporting/tracking.
- Understand, develop, and negotiate sales proposals in line with company guidelines.
- Schedule online and in-person meetings and demos with prospects and existing customers for conversion opportunities.
- Ensure all prospects/clients receive the best client experience possible, at all times.
- Assist entire sales & marketing team with promotional plans and activities to generate and engage new prospects.
- Support and attend Tradeshows/Conferences as requested to generate leads.
- Find & respond to RFP opportunities with support from marketing department.
- Manage sales opportunities throughout the sales process from initial prospect/contact to completion of sale and handoff to internal teams.
- Support client and internal teams throughout customer onboarding and implementation.
- Work with RP Solutions’ industry partners to provide the best possible solution to prospects/clients.
- Suggest and support new markets and products for continued growth opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED: :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, or related field
• 2-5 years of sales experience (software or SaaS sales experience a plus)
• Strong interest in computer and software technology
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong relationship building skills and client centric personality
• Ability to work independently and without supervision
• Experience with managing and responding to RFP’s a plus
• Excellent attention to detail and time management
• Experience with online/webinar software tools for demo/meeting purposes
• Experience selling to Insurance Companies, Utilities, City/County Government markets a plus
• Position will require regular local and national travel
• Access to your own vehicle, valid driver’s license
• Able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Experience with desktop computer applications, including Word, Excel, PPT, CRM management tools, etc.
Location: Ithaca office
Apply For This Position