POSITION OVERVIEW: :
The Business Development Representative will be client centric and results driven. Primary responsibilities include promoting and selling our Transaction Processing Services (TPS) SaaS Suite of Solutions for payment processing and document imaging to new clients, to achieve new sales and strategic growth goals.
• Prospect, develop, and generate pipeline of new sales opportunities through cold calling, direct mail, email, events/tradeshows, social media, in-person, etc.
• Follow up on leads passed on from marketing campaigns and client referrals.
• Understand markets, competition, and buyer audiences to achieve success in selling.
• Understand our solutions and overall service offerings to effectively represent our value, strengths, and capabilities to new clients.
• Maintain and generate monthly/quarterly new sales forecasts.
• Ensure all pipeline activity is accurately recorded in CRM tool for proper tracking and reporting.
• Understand, develop, and negotiate sales proposals in line with company guidelines.
• Schedule online and in-person meetings and demos with prospects and new clients.
• Ensure all prospects/clients receive the best client experience possible, at all times.
• Assist entire sales & marketing team with promotional plans and activities to generate and engage new prospects.
• Support and attend Tradeshows/Conferences as requested to generate leads.
• Respond to RFP opportunities with support from marketing department.
• Manage sales opportunities throughout the sales process from initial prospect/contact to completion of sale and handoff to internal teams.
• Support client and internal teams throughout customer onboarding and implementation.
• Work with RP Solutions’ industry partners to provide the best possible solution to prospects/clients.
• Suggest and support new markets and products for continued growth opportunities.
• Participate in company events and activities for continued successful company culture.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED: :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, or related field
• 2-5 years of sales experience (software or SaaS sales experience a plus)
• Strong interest in computer and software technology
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong relationship building skills and client centric personality
• Ability to work independently and without supervision
• Experience with managing and responding to RFP’s a plus
• Excellent attention to detail and time management
• Experience with online/webinar software tools for demo/meeting purposes
• Experience selling to Insurance Companies, Utilities, City/County Government markets a plus
• Position will require regular local and national travel
• Access to your own vehicle, valid driver’s license
• Able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Experience with desktop computer applications, including Word, Excel, PPT, CRM management tools, etc.
Location: Ithaca office
Apply For This Position