Fiserv's 2013 Billing Household Survey found that despite the emergence and consumer adoption of new payment methods, consumers have not completely abandoned traditional methods like checks, phone or in person payments. This presents challenges for billers as they strive to keep pace with an increasingly complicated payments landscape.
- 83% of consumers use more than 1 method to pay bills including online payments at bank and biller sites, paper checks sent via mail, walk-in payments made in person, phone payments and mobile payments made via apps or mobile web browsers.
- Gen Y consumers, in particular, have high expectations for a wide range of payment options.
- 53% of online households pay at least one bill a month by check.
- The number of households that have made a mobile bill payment via app, mobile browser or text has doubled from 8% in 2012 to 16% in 2013.
- Top barriers to making a payment by mobile phone include preference, security, and difficulty navigating a smaller screen.